1.43.0 | 3 November, 2022
New features, performance improvements and bug squashing
- New Replay service feature! Users can replay any persisted stream to a Topic as if it was happening now. This feature has been added on Persisted Streams, Pipeline view and Deployment details pages.
- Added new advanced configuration on Topics page. Users can now specify Retention and Partitions configuration when creating new Topics.
- Added new Run configuration on Projects IDE. Users can now specify different environment variable values in each Run of the application without changing default values of the Environment variables.
- Added new Deployments list view on workspace home page.
- Added new External Destination item to the library to signal when a pipeline is sending data to an external system.
- Allow users to save code as a project from the Library, even if they haven't completed the library item setup and configuration.
- Several performance improvements across the platform.
- Added AWS support. Platform is now compatible with Elastic Kubernetes Service (AKS) installation.
- Added (*) star functionality to the Streaming Reader service. Users can now subscribe to all the Streams, all the Parameters or all the Events of a Topic.
- Improved several error statuses on Topics page.
- Several improvements in the Project IDE regarding file selection, tags and commits navigation.
- Updated Quix logo on the platform (we have a new brand!)
- Fixed some refresh issues when changing Input/Output variables on Project IDE
- Fixed some visualization issues on Topic metrics component
- Fixed an issue in Data Explorer where null values were shown as 0 instead of null
- Fixed an issue in Data Explorer (Live view) where null values were not drawn properly in the waveform
- Fixed several empty states across the platform
- Fixed an issue in Persisted Streams when filtering by location
- Fixed some issues when selecting/unselecting Drafts on Pipeline view
- Fixed some issues on Data Explorer (Live view) when filtering for specific Stream / Parameters
- Fixed some issues working in Project IDE editor
- Fixed some issues when navigating to a specific branch from Deployments to the Project IDE
- Fixed an issue with the URL link of a deployment with public access
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't delete a User from the workspace
- Fixed some refresh issues on Pipeline view
- Fixed navigation issues on workspace Home
- Fixed some issues updating logs in real time from Project IDE
1.42.0 | 2 September, 2022
Busy squashing bugs
- Added the capability to resize tables across the platform
- Improved sorting for topics list
- Improved several empty states across the platform including a new empty state for the pipeline view
- Improved performance and database calls when querying persisted data
- Updated the look of some older dialogs
- Fixed an issue where the login and logout functions didn’t always log you in or out
- Streams with the same ID on different topics are now treated independently for Delete and Restore actions in the persisted streams section
- Fixed several bugs related to topics metrics graphs across the platform
- Explore button in persisted streams now clears previously selected parameters and events
- Fixed a bug in the data explorer section that cleared user aggregation selection
- Fixed a bug in the data explorer section in which the table view showed more columns than expected
- Fixed several issues in the data explorer section’s live data view
- Fixed minor issues for those using a Firefox browser
- Fixed UI responsiveness issues when using long topic names
- Fixed UI responsiveness issues when using small screens
- Fixed an issue that caused installation of previous dependencies when modifying requirements.txt file for Python projects
- Fixed an issue that caused the onboarding questions to appear more than once
- Fixed a bug in the library section that caused environment variables to not be created correctly when saving as a project
- Fixed topics section in broker settings — you should now be able to rotate your tokens if you are an admin
1.41.0 | 11 August, 2022
New features comin’ your way!
- We completely redesigned the data explorer query builder. It’s now topic centric, making it easier to use
- Persisted streams view redesigned with a new look and topic centric view
- It’s now possible to give external sources additional context by renaming them
- External sources now have a dedicated view to help you get going with our APIs
- New elements on cards and pipeline views are now highlighted and centered on the screen to improve ease of use
- List view updates are already automatically synced, but we’ve added a new refresh button just in case
- We’ve updated the dialogs across the platform to have autofocus and key responsiveness. They now also share a consistent design
- The “copy to clipboard” behavior functions more consistently now
- Improved performance of topic data metrics graphs across the platform for better observability
- The deployments layout has changed to help differentiate between items created from project or library
- We fixed an issue that caused pipeline view to not render in some cases.
- Notifications should now respect the workspace they belong to rather than showing the current workspace
- In live view the messages can be searched again even when live flow is paused
- Data query service will return a 400 message for invalid requests rather than a cryptic 500 error message
- Project rename is possible again
- Several bugs in the data explorer and query builder are now fixed for a smoother user experience
1.40.0 | 26 July, 2022
Get what you want, when you want it
- The topics screen has a new design so that it’s easier to use — let us know if you like it!
- Quix onboarding is now more responsive to your screen size
- The library now has a landing screen to help new users navigate it
- Fixed a scenario where external sources showed up unnecessarily in the pipeline view
- The platform header now includes improved help
- The billing page now displays prices in USD
- Removed the extra scrollbar that appeared in some library items
- Ensured that files always show content in the library
- Fixed an issue with notifications appearing multiple times
- Deployment states on the home screen should now constantly update properly, not just the first time
- Inactive topics lacked a tooltip on the home screen and deployment details. We rectified that.
- Broker details now include the list of brokers
- Deployment edit/create dialog no longer allows creating deployment without loading all details of the new version first. This primarily impacts slower connections.
1.39.0 | 5 July, 2022
Get where you want while giving your computer a break
- The live data preview can now handle an enormous number of parameters and streams so that your computer doesn’t sweat so much
- The navigation experience now works better on slower networks. No more accidentally landing where you don’t want to be
- The live preview is now disabled if no live data is running
- The data-explorer errors are now easier for humans to understand them
- Scrolling horizontally in the library code preview is now easier
- Draft loading improved in the home and pipeline view
- Streamlined library flow to clarify code preview and how to modify it
- Users can now select non-Python code generation in the live preview
- The time-range dialog now consistently shows the correct values
- Creating a deployment from the project source view now consistently selects the correct project
- The waveform now works better with configurations that result in more data than what can be displayed
1.38.0 | 27 June, 2022
User experience is all in the details
- Copying error notification details now appends additional details to help identify issues faster
- Deployment and projects are now set as the title of the browser tab making it easier to keep track of your tabs
- Users receive a warning when losing connections to notifications, and now they will receive feedback when reconnected
- The delete dialog now behaves similarly to all resources
- The data explorer now has an historical and a live mode
- The live mode was previously accessible only through other means, and the new modes make the user experience easier
- In the online IDE, switching files will no longer abort the running Python application
- Added new information tooltips to help guide users
- The stop button no longer disappears in the deployment details view
- Deployment public access toggle now loads its state when opening deployment details
- Small visual and performance improvements across the Quix portal
- Zooming in too far no longer locks up the UI in data explorer. Now you can zoom back out.
- Fixed the deployment card, which did not always open the expected library item
- Fixed project delete notification, which showed incorrect information
1.37.0 | 15 June, 2022
Keep the feedback coming! User-suggested changes in Quix
- We love feedback. Thanks to suggestions from users, the data explorer now has an option to enable or disable aggregation for all parameters with a single toggle.
- The table and message view — previously available only in deployment details — is now also available in the live topic explorer.
- The live topic explorer now follows the leading edge of a topic instead of being limited to the current time. This lets you see data sent to a topic with times other than current, such as replays.
- Improved documentation with new tutorials
- Users can now click on the “Select” and “From” titles are now clickable in the data explorer, same as the icons next to the text
- When selection allows, data points on waveforms are now highlighted
- Online IDE dependencies can be forcefully reinstalled using a new entry in the “…” menu next to deploy and run
- Notifications received design and stability improvements
- Improved load state for the data explorer. It now lets users know when it’s loading.
- Improved hover states for arrows in pipeline and lineage views, displaying data to users better
- Sliders in deployment dialogs should display the correct maximum value of your subscription
- Improved the live view of empty states. It now tells users that it’s empty and prompts them for action.
- The data explorer waveform now correctly displays gaps in data instead of interpolating value for the missing range
- Improved the data explorer load times for selecting parameters, events and streams
- The auto-refresh button is now above the waveform in the data explorer
- The pipeline view now consistently renders as expected in Safari
- Fixed an issue where some workspace cards sometimes overlapped
- The onboarding questionnaire no longer asks questions twice
- Various small changes across the platform to improve the user experience
1.36.0 | 18 May, 2022
Keep tabs on your data system with Quix’s pipeline view
- We added a pipeline view to the Quix portal. Now you can see your entire process — from sources through transformations to destinations — in a single glance. Having your architecture depicted in one image expedites monitoring and alleviates the pain of building on top of the current system.
- You can now view parameter data in table format in addition to JSON in the live data view. This makes larger messages easier to understand.
- The edit deployment dialog has been redesigned to make it easier to use
- The autocomplete for hidden texts in the Quix library has been disabled
- Users now receive a dialog message when losing connection to notifications
- Reaching a deployment limit is now properly communicated through notifications, so you won’t be left wondering why deployment failed
- Clearing trash via the “Empty trash” button should now always work
- Fixed an issue that sometimes stopped deployments from automatically starting after creation
- The data view under deployment details and online IDE immediately shows the missed messages accrued when changing from “paused” to “live” rather than waiting for the next message
- Fixed the incorrect history that showed when switching between branches
- Parameter groups now have a correct icon in the data view